Members blog at WebmaisterPro. Covering topics related to online marketing, SEO, web development as well as software reviews.
How to Get A Flood of Traffic to Your Blog
No doubt, blogging has become part of our daily life. The majority of people creates blogs for publishing certain ideas and thoughts. The best, blogging has become an effective way to earn online. All you need is an attractive blog with a flow of traffic. The question now, how to drive organic traffic to your blog, just read on.
There are numerous techniques and approaches to drive traffic to a specific blog, here are some suggestions:
- The first approach is adding your blog domain to several search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, MSN, and so on.
- The second approach is adding your blog to a variety of directories. One of the most important directories is DMOZ. It deserves your trial, do not miss it.
- Add the blog to numerous RSS Directories. It is a tedious task, but the good news; there is some automated software to do the RSS submissions.
- Let's give some examples of successful blogs which enjoy a flood of targeted traffic; Instapundit, Daily Kos, Boing Boing, and much more. The root reason for their success is the ongoing posting. They some 100-150 word posts daily.
- Assure that your blog is indexed by Yahoo through submitting the RSS to "My Yahoo".
- Google's Reader is a great tool. Assure that the RSS of your blog is submitted to it so that Google Blog Search crawls to your blog.
- Those who send posts to the blog and do not ping these posts to popular ping sites are missing out a lot. For example, use Ping-o-Matic to ping your posts.
- Some people claim that commenting to blogs may affect negatively on the blog page rank, however, do it whenever it seems normal, it will help. And bear in mind to write a related comment to the thread and do not be lazy and write "great", "thanks"; write something so that the blog owner like the comment and approve it.
- Do not forget to add your blog URL in every email signature, or guest posts.
- Make use of social networks and join as many relevant groups as possible. You can join groups on Yahoo, Facebook, Google, MSN, and so on. Insert your domain as a hyperlink in your username. Many people concentrate on online promotion and forget all about off-line advantage. Off-line promotion is a great approach that can sink your site with traffic.